Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My brother is a pathetic cheapskate

I no longer care about my brother as of yesterday. He is 30, decided to "live his life" until now by drinking, using drugs, partying, spending all his money, etc.

Because of his drug use, he needed throat surgery. Since my parents left California for Las Vegas a couple of years ago, I was instantly thrust into the role of caretaker - WTF! Although I refused to take him to the surgery (sorry, he fucked himself up, why should I help him), my father called and forced me to take him as a "favor for my dad". I hated it because I was in the middle of a product roll-out, so I crashed that night around 3 AM, had to wake up at 5:30 so that I could pick him up at 6 AM to make his 7 AM check-in at UCLA. I drove him to the hospital, dropped him off and drove back home to crash - he wanted me to stay with him, I just found out! Fuck him, next time don't do drugs and SAVE YOUR CASH!


Last year he broke his ankle, so again I was the one who drove to pick him up from his apartment, take him to the doctor, drive him back. I even drove to pick up his medicine a couple of times, bring him water, etc.

In December he found the "love of his life", they moved in together a couple of months ago in a $1,700/mo apartment. He bought himself brand new appliances, and I mean everything - all on credit of course. Got himself a flat big screen TV - on credit as well. And he just returned from Las Vegas where he "partied" with his girlfriend. Oh, and he is leasing a Cadillac CTX, because, well, he has to look cool.

I never once asked him for a favor. Since I am leaving for a 3 week overseas vacation this Thursday, I decided to ask him for a ride to the airport. He actually had the audacity to ask for $20 in gas money, because his girlfriend's Jeep is a gas guzzler! Found out through a long (and very heated) email exchange that they are broke, living paycheck to paycheck on a budget - oh yeah, she is now 4 months pregnant! Poor kid, I feel sorry for him already...

No comments: