Monday, July 21, 2008

How much I loathe shopping

I detest shopping with a passion. Nothing in the world is more annoying. It seems that the females I know - my wife, our family's friends, my own female friends - all possess this additional "shopping" gene that I somehow must have been born without. Today, taking advantage of my daughter's play-date with her friend who happens to live fairly close to the Topanga Mall, I decided to go shopping at the mall for a couple of t-shirts, shorts and boxer shorts.

Got to the mall around 4 PM. Parked outside Macy's, knowing that I would find everything there. Sure enough within 15 minutes I WAS DONE - went in, found the men's clothing on whatever floor, luckily O'Neill and Quicksilver shirts were on a table, picked out 2 white, 1 gray and 1 blue, moved 20 feet, found the Perry Ellis boxer shorts of which I already own about 8 pairs, but they only had the same color in large (light bluish or so), so I got 2 pairs, looked for some Levi Silvertab shorts but found none (I even asked, which I rarely do), paid and I was done.

Unfortunately I still ended up spending about 2 hours walking around, finding a watch battery replacement place, dropping off the watch, having to come back in 15 minutes to pick it up and hitting up Dillard's for Valentino after shave. Shopping sucks!

No comments: